Main Phone: 604-988-5281
For Youth: 1-888-988-5281, local 204
Address: 1111 Longsdale Ave. North Vancouver (Main Office)
Second Location: 399 Seymour River Pl, North Vancouver
Family Services of the North Shore is a community organization that is dedicated to providing education, support and counselling to heal and connect the community. They offer a broad range of services to children, youth, adults, couples and families from diverse backgrounds, which are offered either at no fee, or on a sliding scale to clients living or working on the North Shore.
- Youth Intake Text Service, where youth can text to directly access a counselor. While not a crisis line, they can offer short-term support and help connect youth to in-person counseling or other resources.
- Child & adolescent sexual abuse counselling
- Stopping the Violence, a counselling program for adult female survivors of abuse
- General clinical counselling is available for children, youth, adults, couples and families
- Jessie’s Legacy Eating Disorders Prevention Program provides education, resources and support for BC youth, families, educators and professionals
- Several family support programs